Monday 6 February 2012

Cereal Wars: Asda Store Brand Vs Name Brand

Grocery shopping gets expensive.  If you're like me and trying to feed a family, then it can be worth it to try to save any money you can by buying the knock-off brands.  Sometimes the knock-off brands taste like cheap knock-off brands.  Sometimes they surprise me with their quality.

Asda (the UK extension of Wal-Mart) has a wide range of their own store brand cereals.  The packaging isn't always as fancy as the name brands, but I wondered how the product compared.  Asda has its own version of every major cereal (Cheerios, Rice Crispies, etc.).

I'm not going to say that every Asda cereal tastes as good as the real thing or that you won't be able to tell the difference.  However, at about half the price of name brand cereals, they actually hold up pretty well when you compare them.

To read my article  comparing Asda brand cereals and name brand cereals, click here.

PS-This is my 50th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment