Friday 1 April 2011

Asda Brand Laundry Products

Like most people these days, I've thought about ways to save money on my weekly shopping and household costs.  Having a family we create a lot of laundry, and so use a lot of laundry products.  I usually buy the name-brand products.  In an effort to save some money, I decided to try out Asda brand laundry products and compare.

First off, the Asda brand products were cheaper when both the Asda items and name brand items were at their normal prices.  However, the name brand products like Persil and Comfort often go on offer so that the price difference is not as great.

I tried out the cheap Asda brand stain spray, non-bio laundry detergent, and fabric softener.

The stain spray smelled bad and didn't remove stains.  The loads without any stain spray at all were cleaned equally with the ones using stain spray, so that was a total waste of money.

The non-bio laundry detergent did not get our clothes as clean as the name brand alternatives.  Also, my daughter has eczema and her skin was irritated by the clothes washed with the Asda laundry powder.

The fabric softener didn't soften our clothes nearly as much as name brand softener.  This means that our clothes/towels/etc. were left rough to the touch which, again, irritated my daughter's skin (and didn't feel nice for any of us).

So here's my prognosis: Asda's brand laundry products are not worth the small amount of money I saved using them.  I'll stick to Persil and Comfort in the future.

To find out more about my experiences using Asda brand laundry products, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment